Monday, December 11, 2006

Cream of Broccoli Soup (and more!)

First things first. I promised my mom I'd post festive holiday pictures.

Here's our slutty Christmas tree.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's Princess Sophia enjoying the shade of the slutty Christmas tree.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's Melvin being pompous in the company of the slutty Christmas tree.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And here's a recipe for Cream of Broccoli soup.

*1 quart veggie broth (I like to add an extra boullion cube or two, since it'll be diluted later)
*1/2 onion, diced
*1 tbsp olive oil
*6 cups very finely chopped broccoli
*1 quart unsweetened soymilk
*2 tbsp cornstarch plus 1 tbsp cold water
*1 tbsp garlic powder
*salt and pepper to taste

1. In a large pot, saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the veggie broth and broccoli, and simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
3. Add the unsweetened soymilk and garlic powder.
4. Mix together the cornstarch and cold water, and gradually add to the soup while stirring. Simmer until the soup is satisfyingly creamy.
5. Add the salt and pepper, and serve!


It's simple, and tasty, and doesn't contain anything weird and unnessecary (I'm talking to you, potatoes-in-Cream-of-Broccoli-Soup-people), and is as close as I can get to my mom's recipe. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just made this for dinner tonight. I can't thank you enough!