Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Deep Sigh of Relief.

Well, Christmas is over, and it was actually a success. Tyler and I spent the morning at home with Katie and Robbie, opening presents and eating eggnog french toast. Erin (Tyler's sister) picked us up in the afternoon and we spent the rest of the day with his family, which was pretty okay. There were a few rough patches, but we managed to make a swift exit from his grandparents' house, and a sort-of swift exit from his sister's (his mom wasn't ready to end the holiday at 7:00, but we really needed to come home and clean up and decompress).
Tomorrow Tyler leaves for tour, and he'll be gone ten days. I'm really sad, but I'm trying to remind myself that he'll be doing something he loves, and that it's not that long, and that when he comes back he'll be really excited to see me...and that'll be extra-nice. Two days after Tyler leaves, Robbie is taking off to California for a week, and then three days after that, Katie is going back home and I will be here alone for four days. Ugh. I guess I plan to do a lot of reading, healthy cooking, and movie watching. Oh, and I will be spending exorbitant amounts of time talking to/playing with my kitties, and harrassing Tyler on the phone. Hehehe. Luckily, everyone got me lots of books and movies and comforting things for Christmas this year, so time should pass fairly quickly.

Some gift highlights:
fancy coconut wood plugs (for the 3/4" holes in my ears)
lots of books (Running With Scissors, The Satanic Verses, Grimus, Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close...)
movies (Chasing Amy, the Botch DVD, Beijing Bicycle)
lots of music (too much to list!)
lots of smelly things (candles and soap and sprays, oh my!)
a Zen Garden (with a little tealight and rakes)
a big picture of Jesus (for those of you who don't know, I love tacky religious art)

All in all, it was really nice and fun, and I'm really glad it's over and I don't have to think about it for another eleven months. I'm beginning to have hope for being able to do things like pay my bills and get more tattoos...maybe in February. We'll see.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments: