Sunday, January 14, 2007

To shower or to blog?

I should be showering right now, I really should. I have to be at work in less than an hour, but here I am, on the computer, feeling guilty about (once again) not posting a new entry in a very timely fashion. Oh well. I honestly haven't been cooking anything too blog-worthy lately. Last night I ate garden ribs, steamed green beans, and half a baked potato, and that's pretty much been the standard meal set-up this week. Tonight I can't promise anything better, but I'll post a zucchini bread recipe because I have been promising Ursula a loaf of the stuff for at least a week now. What can I say? Procrastinator is just one of my incredibly charming personality traits.

By the way, those garden ribs (from Gardenburger, in case that wasn't obvious) are really tasty. I'd almost forgotten about them until a pilgrimage to Wild Oats found me in the freezer section going "Ooooh...I won't have to spend more than a half hour cooking for at least a week!" Hahaha, everyone needs a break now and then.

5 comments:

Ursula said...

Zuchinni bread...mmm... you know where to find me!

Ursula said...

what the hell is a zuchinni?!?!? I'll take some zucchini bread, please. If you have some zuchinni, I don't want any of that. Just wanted to clarify.

Ev said...

Duh. To blog. Your fans await you!

And Ursula...zuchini bread rocks. Especially if the zuchini is grated up finely enough that you don't have to actually interact with it, because zuchini itself is gross and slimy. That's why we Midwesterners sneak it onto the porches of our neighbors in the dead of night.

Ev

C. said...

Hahahaha, Ursula is a Midwesterner, and I'm sure she understands the fine practice of leaving unwanted produce on your neighbors' porches.
Also the zucchini bread is a-coming. I just have to stop sleeping, that's all. Maybe tonight...I did dishes this morning, and that's a promising sign....

Dori said...

Hi I followed you when reading other vegan blogs. I like your concept.... survivial food. As I read commments I am a miswesterner and left a few zucchini's on porches near me. :) (More for you to make some bread with.)